Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Kitchen Therapy

I have noticed lately that the kitchen is really becoming my best friend.  I've been having a hard time lately, specifically in the wallet... I've really been turning to my kitchen for therapy.  I'm not a perfect cook, but I've definitely found some great things to make, and that was the inspiration for this post.  I'm sad over money and I needed an escape and where shall this escape be? I'm so glad you asked... chocolate peanut butter fudge... and I know what your thinking, Fudge is a holiday treat; a winter food.  That, at least, was what my mother always said to me. Now I'm starting to wonder if that was just a ploy to keep sweets out of our house!  So, I made up a unique and super easy way to whip this up and I really cannot wait to share with my dear blogger friends!



Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

Ingredients:
2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
hot chocolate mix
1 cup peanut butter

Directions:
bring sugars, milk, and 4 scoops of hot chocolate drink mix to a boil.
Let mixture boil for about a minute, just until it starts really bubbling.
Remove this from heat and mix peanut butter in really fast.
only stir until its completely mixed.
pour into your greased container... throw in freezer for a few minutes!
wait until you know the center is cool, then cut and serve... or indulge.


Look at that rich color!  You won't regret this treat... only in the hips hehe

And I couldn't leave out my little helper... She Loves watching me cook... She's also my happy taste tester!  

Thanks for reading... please comment and tell me how yours turned out!

No comments: