Saturday, July 23, 2011

Paper and Swirls and Everything Nice!

Oh, I am completely excited to show off this little diy door sign I made for a close friend!  And what was my inspiration you may ask?  Well, the inspiration is just genius and elaborate and perfect and all kinds of other positive words! 

THIS was my inspiration.  Sorry i'm new at this and i couldn't get the image to show on my blog :(

It is utterly Amazing.

But, because I have a little one to tend to, I came up with my own little version. 




Right now my only complaint is that you can't see them as well as i would like you to.  Because my camera has a flash and it is dark in my house, it really picked up on the hotglue splots and in person they are not seen!

What you will need for this project:
thick white paper- i used about three pieces.
cardboard or wood- i opted for cardboard! free!
hot glue gun and about two sticks of glue.
any color paint for your background.

Step 1:  cut the cardboard/wood to whatever shape you fancy... paint the side that will be showing and allow it to dry completely.

Step 2:  really plan out what you want.  I researched old english font and drew it out on a seperate sheet of paper so I would have something to really measure with.

Step 3:  cut your white paper into 1/4 inch strips.

Step 4:  hot glue the bottom edge of the strips as you cut and measure according to the image you have on your 'rough draft' 
then just keep repeating until your finished!

it sounds like a lot of work... which it was, but it was a fun project!  And it is going to make for a unique gift.

There are so many possibilities with this project. I may attempt a moose head one to frame and put in my entryway!  comment and let me know how yours turns out!  Thanks for reading.

No comments: